Welcome back to another magical year at Quest! We’re looking forward to another wonderful year, and we’re happy to share some exciting news for our 2022 – 2023 music program. This year, we’re “makin’ music”, and you’re invited to join us!
For our 40th anniversary, we’re introducing some invigorating changes to our music program including a new space for the lower school music room. Now, our class will take place in the former Community Room. There will be so much more space for movement, dancing, instrument playing and all around music making!
If your child is not already enrolled in our fantastic music program offerings, take a look at our updated selection for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
- “Harmonizers” Choir for Grades 3-5
- Concert Choir for Grades 6-8
- Concert band for Grades 4-5. Includes instruction at all performance levels from beginner through advanced on Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Saxophone, Bassoon, Trumpet, French Horn, Euphonium, Tuba, and Percussion
- Symphonic band for Grades 6-8. Students advance on their instruments in small-group sectionals and at band rehearsals held after school.
We’re also introducing a new music program for Grades 3-5. More information can be found below.
- NEW! Makin’ Music for Grades 3-5. Students will play drums, xylophones, recorders and other instruments together as an ensemble. This group is an extension of the skills that are covered in music class. There will be opportunities to perform during the school year.
Looking ahead, there will be Winter Concerts in December for Grades Preschool – 5th and Spring Musicals – which collaborate with the drama department – in March for Grades K-2 and May for Grades 3-4. The Middle School drama department also puts on performances for Grades 5-8. A special thank you goes out to the wonderful performing arts teachers Beth Burger, Ian McGarrie, Deanna Armentrout, and Andrea Dotoli for helping us to put it all together – you really know how to work the Quest magic!
We hope to see you “makin’ music” with us this fall!