Quest Academy is committed to hiring the very best candidates when positions become available. Therefore, Quest seeks to hire teachers and staff who will contribute to a school environment that provides academic and creative challenges, honors excellence in teaching and learning, and respects differences in individuals.
Quest Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, sexual identity, age, religion or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Quest Academy complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled persons. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process are requested to contact the Quest Academy Chief Financial Officer in order to arrange such accommodation.
You may submit a copy of a current resume; however an application must be completed in full in order to be considered for employment. Failure to complete all sections may disqualify you from consideration for employment.
The school requires of each new employee evidence of freedom from communicable disease, including tuberculosis. This evidence shall consist of a tuberculin skin test and, if appropriate, an x-ray performed by a physician licensed in Illinois or any other state to practice medicine in all its branches, an advanced practice nurse who has a written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician that authorizes the nurse to perform health examinations, or a physician assistant who has been delegated the authority to perform health examinations by his or her supervising physician not more than 90 days preceding the date on which the report of the test results is presented to the school’s chief administrator.
Current Openings at Quest Academy
Quest Academy is looking to add qualified people to its substitute teacher list.
Substitutes must have a Bachelor’s Degree and prefer experience working with children.
Daily salary is $65 for 4 hours or less or $130 for over 4 hours.
To apply, complete the application below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Auxiliary Programs Coordinator
Position Summary: Quest Academy is seeking a student-centered, organized, and
self-motivated individual who possesses the skills of organization, teamwork, leadership, and
creativity in the role of Auxiliary Programs Coordinator. The varied responsibilities of the
position include oversight of the daily After Care program, coordinating the daily After School
Specials classes, serving as the on-staff first responder for first aid and health, scheduling
buses/transportation for field trips, providing daily lunch distribution, acting as a classroom
substitute as needed, and directing all aspects of the already established Summer Program in
collaboration with the Director of Academics and Student Affairs.
School Year Hours: Daily (M-F) – 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Summer Hours: Daily (M-F) – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Quest Academy hires talented individuals to work with a dynamic student population of gifted learnerswho also understand the importance of providing nurturing guidance through the development ofessential student relationships. Quest staff know their students, understand their students, and seestudents as individual thinkers and human beings. Quest seeks to hire employees who possess apassion for service and a desire to grow personally and professionally in the field of education.
● After Care Program:
○ Assess, enhance, and where appropriate, expand After Care program offerings aligned
with Quest Academy’s mission while meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual, and
social needs of children.
○ Hire, train, and supervise After Care staff as necessary,
○ Schedule staff as necessary to ensure child to staff ratio is sustained while
encouraging and expecting a creative, student-centered, professional atmosphere of all
After Care staff.
● After School Specials:
○ Develop, schedule, and maintain a diverse number of offerings for all ages through
Quest Academy’s After School Specials program – a class-based extracurricular
program that promotes student enrichment.
○ Research and work with outside vendors as needed to include a variety of class
● Summer Quest Camp Program:
○ Develop, lead, and manage the Summer Quest program – a full-day, 6-week camp
program – to produce theme weeks with diverse activities, field trips, and pool days.
○ Hire, train, and supervise Camp staff to deliver an exceptional program.
● Coordinate and organize the registration and payment process for all programs.
● Develop and manage all program budgets associated with the position.
● Plan and manage programs to ensure a clean, organized, and safe environment as well as an
enriching and enjoyable experience for Quest students.
● Oversee the school lunch program, including communicating with the vendors, sorting
delivered lunches, arranging for distribution on a rotation of lunch periods, and maintaining
stock for lunchroom supplies.
● Serve as first responder for all first-aid emergencies and all health needs, on-staff trainer for
staff first aid certification requirements, and maintain stock for first aid supplies. Must have the
ability to achieve and maintain Red Cross trainer certification.
● Schedule and secure bus transportation for field trips and other events as needed.
● Provide supervision, activities, and guidance appropriate to students’ age and development.
● Embrace and respect the social and cultural diversity of Quest families.
● Accurately track student attendance both for safety and billing purposes.
● Ensure that all program staff are trained in and adhere to all Quest health and safety policies.
● Promote a positive, supportive working relationship with the front office staff.
● Create a strong partnership with the parents through consistent communication and
responsiveness to parent concerns or questions.
● Attend weekly staff meetings and participate as a member of the staff in areas aligned with
● Bachelor’s degree required; experience working in a school setting preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Maintain up-to-date First Aid and CPR certification
In accordance with State of Illinois law, a criminal background check will be required, prior to
beginning employment. Quest Academy does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
It is the responsibility of all Quest employees to:
● Understand and support Quest’s mission and philosophy and promote a positive image of the
● Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues.
● Attend some events outside of the normal school schedule, such as open houses and
● Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues, and the
operations of the school.
● Refrain from establishing close relationships with colleagues, students, parents, or trustees
that would compromise professional integrity.
● Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
● Display flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations, as well as a positive
attitude and a helpful, nonjudgmental demeanor.
● Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.
● Model the good character traits that Quest students are expected to embody.
Please submit your application and resume at www.questacademy.org/employment or for more
information contact email@example.com.
After School Staff
Quest Academy, a private school for academically gifted children in Palatine, is seeking experienced staff to work in the Extended Day Program. The hours are 3:30 – 6:00 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 2:30 – 6:00 pm on Wednesday. It is not necessary to work all five days; availability exists for select days on a regular schedule. There are opportunities to work with children in PreK-K, first-third, and fourth-eighth grade. Competitive salary. All applicants must be First Aid and CPR certified (or training can be provided).
The Quest Extended Day Program staff are responsible for the well-being and supervision of preschool and elementary age children. We provide a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment where children can enjoy both free play and planned activities.
- Monitor student daily attendance.
- Set-up and clean-up program in cafeteria on a daily basis.
- Help plan, prepare and implement daily snacks and activities for children.
- Supervise recreational and snack periods.
- Other duties as assigned by the Extended Day Program Director.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- After school
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)